Fairmount Sports Association – 2020 Important Dates to Remember
Online Registration begins – Sat., January 25th; log onto http://www.fairmountsports.org take advantage of the early bird registration – you can save $15!
- Early Bird Registration Ends – Sun., March 1st (last day for $15 disc.)
- Batting Cages – (nets need installing) Sat., February 29th, and Sun, March 1st, 10 a.m. start.
- Daylight Savings Time – Sun., March 8th – spring forward those clocks!
- Online Registration Ends – Thurs, March 19th (last day to register online)League Evaluations – Sat., March 21st, at Von Colln field(s) located at 2300 Pennsylvania Ave. 19130 / Rain Date is Sun., March 22nd, (same time), plan on 1.5 hours / Tee ball excluded.
- Saturday March 21st – 7-9 Boys evaluations (12 p.m. start)
- Saturday March 21st – 10-12 Boys evaluations (10 a.m. start)
- Saturday March 21st – 13-16 Girls evaluations (10 a.m. start)
- Saturday March 21st – 7-9 Girls evaluations (2 p.m. start)
- Saturday March 21st – 10-12 Girls evaluations (12 p.m. start)
- Saturday March 21st – 13-16 Boys evaluations (4 p.m. start)Opening Day – Saturday, April 4th – Parade starts at 10 a.m. at 24th & Brown Streets and proceeds to Von Colln field.
Picture Day at FSA – TBD. Say cheese (please), as the kids gather by team for both team and/or individual photos with various picture options (team photo with coaches, baseball cards, softball cards, magazine cover, magnets etc.). This usually begins around 8 a.m. and is continuous thru out the day contingent on the teams playing schedule. We understand that some people may not want individual photos, but they must be present for the group shot. These Team Photos are sent to our generous Sponsors, so they get to see the Team they sponsored.
Booster Day – Saturday, May 2nd, 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. This is a long-standing tradition, where the FSA kids (Teams) go door to door in the surrounding neighborhood soliciting donations, t-ball optional. Games will be scheduled around this event.
Mother’s Day Walk for the Cure – Sunday, May 10th – Come join the FSA team and walk for a great cause in the Susan G Komen Walk for the Cure – details to be announced (No games scheduled).
Coaches Appreciation Day(s) – Sat / Sun May 16th and 17th – Grilled hot dogs and burgers on the house for our dedicated coaches!
82nd ABN Div. 5th Annual Wounded Warrior Softball Tournament – Sat., May 25 / Sunday if necessary – all teams are invited – proceeds benefit wounded soldiers and families at Ft. Bragg NC!
FSA All Star Day – Saturday, June 6th – Come out and have some fun! Playoffs – Mid June thru the end of June. Please remember to wash and return those uniform pants!